Monday, June 15, 2009

A Must Have! Lean Mommy


Ok, thanks to Allison who let me borrow her Lean Mommy book I started reading through the pages tonight. I've only read a couple but each paragraph in Lisa Druxman (The Founder of Stroller Strides) shares with us her insight on motherhood, starting her own business and her secrets to healthy living through her Lean Mommy program and Stroller Strides. This book is a must have and I will be giving one away during the month of July. So make sure to come to class as much as possible because you just might be the lucky One.

Over the next few weeks I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the Lean Mommy tips Lisa shares with us throughout the book. However, I'm going to make you wait until tomorrow for you first tip. Tonight or whenever you read this I want you to do one of Lisa's Mommy Meditations. You might guess that it has something to do with body image. As new or seasoned mom's we can be a bit hard on the way our bodies have changed through each of our pregnancies. I find that this 1st Mommy Meditation helps me realize that true beauty it whatever I want it to be.

Mommy Meditation #1
By Lisa Druxman
"Sit in a quiet upright position. Breath quietly through your nose. Slow your breathing down and try to lengthen the time it takes you to exhale. Now imagine yourself in front of a mirror. See yourself as your are today. Scan the body and face that you know so well. Find an area that makes you uncomfortable. Stop and focus closer. Now soften the edges and see that body part blend in with the other curves in your face or on your body. Widen your perspective again so that you see the whole you, but soft and rounded and warm."

Cheers to motherhood and healthy living!
Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! Keep them coming! FYI - Your BOB ad is not linking to the BOB site! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete