Sunday, March 1, 2009

Melissa And Her Stroller Strides Journey


Meet a mom who does it all. I would like to introduce Melissa, another one of our fabulous instructors who teaches class in Corpus Christi and Portland.

My name is Melissa Erdner, I have two beautiful kids, Lucas who is 4.5 and Amelia who is 2.5. I have been married for almost 7 years to my husband Matt who is in the Navy. I first started with Stroller Strides when we lived in Monterey, CA. I took my first class at 8+ months pregnant and waddled my whole way through, loving every minute. I continued on with my classes up until a week before I delivered and couldn't wait to get back out there shortly after. I realized that being an instructor was something that I would love to pursue, so I spoke with the owner and began going through the steps to become a certified Personal trainer and Stroller Strides Instructor. During this process the opportunity to purchase the existing Stroller Strides franchise became available and I jumped at it. It was scary and exciting all at once, and for sure it changed my life. Being a Navy family makes it a challenge to meet people that you can build lasting friendships with. When I started Stroller Strides, I realized that the woman involved in this group are so special. Being here in Texas now for the last 7 months, I have loved every minute with this group of Mom's as much as my first group of Stroller Strides Moms. The energy and love that they put into their children is Awe inspiring and it pushes and teaches me to be a better parent on a daily basis. I have been teaching stroller strides for 2.5 years now, and because of this experience I have been motivated to go back to school to attain my associates and Masters in Physical Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment